So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

I hope everyone is enjoying the sun, and those of you who attended the Summer Social Weekender have fully recovered.

This weekend, was our last ever Shabang as Leicester undergraduates. It’s sad to be leaving but it’s exciting to be moving towards the next chapter of our lives. Since finishing our Masters project presentation, we have continually reminisced over our time together. Remembering back to the time in Freshers when I first met people on my course who I now call my best friends. It’s been a phenomenal experience and the best decision of my life so far.

4th year MGeol students
4th year MGeol students
The graduation attire has been ordered and my next job is to find the perfect shoes! It’s strange waking up in the morning and realising you have no work to do and your biggest challenge of the day is browsing websites for shoes.

I’ve been advised by many to take a well deserved rest over summer before the hard work that accompanies a PhD begins! I’m enjoying catching up on Netflix (who knew Homeland would be this intense?!) which has been neglected due to my studies. I’m heading to Portugal with my course friends on Monday which will consist of the beach and copious amounts of Sangria. We decided to go out with a bang before our tenancy is up at the end of the month. In a few weeks we will be dispersing back to our family homes in Dorset, Somerset, London and Nottingham, which is going to be extremely sad.

It’s true what they say, your university friends will be your friends for life. I’ve been very lucky to meet a great bunch of people and grow with them throughout our four years together. I can guarantee it won’t be long until our geology cohort comes together again, any excuse for a party. I’m incredibly envious of those pursuing a geology degree at Leicester in the coming months as I’d love to relive my time again!

Reblogged. Original post http://studentblogs.le.ac.uk/geology/2016/06/12/graduationislooming/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Himalayas/Peruvian rainforest expedition funding opportunity

To map or not to map?

Festival of Careers 2013 Preparation